My Trex 600N auto rotation bearing keeps getting stuck whenever I do 2-3 tic-tocs on it. Seems the movement is too much for it and it somehow shifts the bearing causing it to get stuck.
This week, while flying the issue really escalated into a tail loss situation. The tail randomly kicked aside or pirouetted out of control. Scary stuff!
I hardly managed to land and I actually am thankful I did manage to land safely as the tail was really going wild and I had to fight to keep it stabilized during the landing.
As I tried ALL tricks in the book already: replaced main shaft, main shaft bearings, auto rotation bearings, main gear, auto rotation gear and even sanded down the main shaft (following a friends advice) – nothing worked!
As a last attempt to amend the problem I’ve ordered a set of upgraded main bearing blocks (with special high stress bearings in them like you have on the blade grips) along with new set of main gear, auto rotation gear and auto rotation bearing block (top grade this time). I also ordered a pack of grease.
My plan is to do a complete upgrade to the main shaft and gear: replacing all blocks to the upgraded metal blocks and gear to the new gear + bearings. This will ensure the Trex has a straight, clean main shaft from end to end and hopefully (keeping my fingers crossed) – finally prevent the auto rotation from getting stuck every single flight.
I’ll update you guys once I get the parts delivered and installed (with pictures of course).